Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Almost a New Year

This morning, as I sat drinking my coffee and thinking about this year, I realized that I have come a long way in how I feel about certain things. This year has had ups and downs like most years, but I think that I have two major hurdles crossed. One is cleaning my home and making it a more loving, peaceful and welcoming place. The other is my attitude towards myself. I do believe that I am "FLY"ing. FINALLY LOVING YOURSELF as "FLY"Lady" would say. I have gotten rid of the negative voices from my past that have always been in my head and kicking me down. I am not saying that they don't creep back in once in awhile, but for the most part, they are gone.
I was raised believing that I was worthless. That all I was put on this planet for was to be used and abused. I am not talking physical abuse even tho that also happened in my life. I am speaking of the mental and emtional abuse that I have suffered in my life. I have come to terms with that and I am now able to see that it was wrong and that I deserved so much more. So, I now stop and smell the roses and do things that make me happy and show myself that I love me. It doesn't take much to make me happy. I enjoy a lot of simple things in life. Spending time with my dh. Talking to my dc on the phone or the computer, reading a book, taking a relaxing bubble bath, or watching  movie, spending time with friends.  Things that I was no longer doing because of the evil voices in my head.
I hope that everyone stops to smell the roses today and does something that makes themselves feel like they are loved. It is a awesome feeling!!!!!
Hugs and Prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment